Picking The Best Hemp Oil For Dogs
It is an opinion with a general consensus that dogs are one of the best things to have happened to humankind. They are loyal, intelligent and make for great companions whether you are alone or live with a large family. However, loving dogs is not the same thing as knowing how to take care of dogs. They deserve to get help from a range of products like us and we have selected the best hemp oils for dogs so you can help your pooch.
Being a pet owner comes with a host of complications that can make you question whether you are being able to give your pet the right kind of care. As your pet pooch grows older, you may notice they develop arthritic pain or have weak joints. This the course that nature takes and you cannot always do much to relieve their pain. You may even have a pet who has faced some trauma in their childhood and is anxious as a result.
If you’re in a hurry and you want to know our top pick for the best hemp oil for dogs, here it is:
Taking care of a pet in such situations can become difficult and at times even frustrating. Here is an animal that you love so dearly but you are falling short of giving them the comfort they need. Medications are not always a solution and you must painstakingly work on various kinds of therapies to find a solution.
An unconventional method that has worked for some people to keep their pets calm and provide some kind of pain relief is hemp oil. The popular connotation associated with hemp oil is that it comes from the marijuana family, if not the same plant. This association makes a lot of people sceptical about its effects on their pet.
Using hemp oil as a nutritional supplement along with your pet’s regular meals can be life changing for a nervous dog. Nutrients like omega-3 and omega-6, which are naturally found in hemp oil, can make immune functionality better and provide incredible benefits to your pet. If you are interested in what kind of hemp oil options are available in the market, the following are some of the best hemp oils in the UK for dogs reviewed:
The Strellalab Hemp Oil is an unflavoured and cold-pressed oil that can be a great nutritional supplement for dogs. The oil comes in the form of herbal drops that is easy to use and can be administered to all breeds.
If you have a dog that is excitable or gets nervous easily, this hemp oil can be very beneficial to calm it down.
- This is premium-grade hemp oil that is rich in omega-3 and omega-6. It can go a long way in giving a dog wholesome nutrition.
- The oil is devoid of some of the major allergen groups like gelatin, peanut, celery, etc.
- The oil has 0% THC so it will provide the relaxing benefits of hemp without making a dog feel “high”.
- It comes with a dropper and can be administered easily by mixing into your dog’s food or water.
“Did the trick! 1. Anxiety-filled Yorkie 2. Bad hip Yorkie 3. Old Yorker 4. Separation anxiety-filled Weimaraner 5. Overexcited Weimaraner. Worked well for all five dogs who have different issues, just wish the bottle was bigger.”Amazon Review
- The bottle size is too small and does not last very long if you use it every day.
- If the dog has a more serious case of anxiety, this oil may be too mild.
On the whole, this is a useful and easy to administer hemp oil. It is colourless and flavourless, so your pooch should not detect it in their food or water. Several people have reported that the oil was beneficial for calming their dogs down and making them feel more relaxed.
If your pooch has been experiencing some pain or even if you want to boost immunity, this is a good supplement to consider. Some of the disadvantages regarding the size of the bottle aside, this is certainly a product you could consider for your canine friend.
- Unflavoured and colourless hemp oil drops
- Suitable for all breeds and dogs of all ages
- Gelatin-free, crab-free, celery-free, peanut-free, salmon-free
- Rich in omega-3 and omega-6
The Pawsome Products® Hemp Oil is a high-strength extract that can be administered to dogs and cats alike. This is a premium-grade hemp seed oil that does not have any carrier oils added and is 100% natural.
Owing to its high potency, this is a long-lasting product, especially if you are caring for a small pet. You only need a few drops in your pet’s meal to see the effects, which means that the product will last you a long time since you only need a little at a time.
- At 15,000 mg per 30 ml, the hemp oil offers great value for money. In other words, you can make do with smaller doses as the oil has high potency.
- The oil is naturally rich in omega-3 and omega-6, nutrients that are crucial in your dog’s diet.
- This pure hemp seed oil does not have any additional carrier oils that could potentially be harmful to your furball.
- The oil is easy to use. Simply add it to your pet’s food or water.
“Has worked wonders for my dog with fear aggression. He has stopped barking and showing signs of fear on multiple triggers that sent him into a tis. Much calmer and happy dog, do need the max dose for him though, but worth every penny.”Amazon Review
- Some dogs may experience an upset stomach as a side effect.
- Bigger dogs may not see the benefit of reduced anxiety even with this high concentration oil.
On the whole, this is a great herbal oil for smaller or medium-sized dogs. It is useful for improving the skin and the quality of a dog’s coat, especially if you have been noticing excessive shedding.
For a dog under 10 lbs, as little as one drop is enough. Despite some potential side effects or ineffectiveness in bigger dogs, this is a hemp oil that you could consider trying for its incredible value for money.
- High potency oil offers 15,000 mg per 30 ml.
- Great for improving skin condition and the dog’s coat.
- Only one drop required for a dog weighing below 10 lb.
- Naturally rich in omega-3 and omega-6.
The Hello Health Dog Hemp Oil is an all-natural and organic calming supplement for dogs and cats. This is a high-strength, cold-pressed oil that is great for introducing nutrients like omega-3 and omega-6 into your pet’s diet.
In addition to the relevant fatty acids, the oil also has over 85 other potent ingredients that could contribute to your dog’s overall health.
- This is a high-strength organic oil that also offers nutrients like vitamins A, D and E, in addition to omega-3, 6 and 9.
- This is premium-quality hemp that does not have any other carrier oil, so your pooch can get the benefits of pure hemp oil.
- The oil drops can be used for all dogs, no matter what the breed, age or size of the dog.
- The drops are vegan-friendly, GMO-free and gluten-free for those little furballs that may be allergic to certain ingredients.
“Bought a few different brands of CBD oil for my dog. This one however has had an absolute unbelievable effect. She is like a puppy again. All her aches and pains seem to have gone. It’s wonderful. Couldn’t fault it at all. Even the price was brilliant.”Amazon Review
- For dogs with sensitive stomachs, the hemp oil could cause certain tummy complications.
- The dropper does not fill completely so you have to keep wondering about the size of the dose.
Overall, this is a hemp oil that offers great value for money as you get two 50 ml bottles that should last you a very long time. The oil has a high potency, so you do not need to administer very high doses either. Giving your little furball the drops is also very easy—you can simply mix it in their food, water or even give it directly into their mouth.
- High-strength hemp oil with vitamins A, D and E, as well as omega-3, 6 and 9.
- Two 50 ml bottles are available in the bundle.
- GMO-free, gluten-free and vegan-friendly drops.
- Cold-pressed oil that can be used for dogs of any breed.
The Natural Hemp Oil from Kinpur is an effective supplement for relaxing your pet dog and making them feel calmer. At 50,000 mg per bottle, you get complete value for money with this hemp oil. The drops are easy to use and are made with completely natural ingredients.
- The oil has a high potency and a single bottle has as much as 50,000 mg. This means that the oil will last you a long time as the doses can be small.
- The hemp is extracted from high-quality organic seeds and does not have any additional carrier oils.
- This is one of the best oils in the market to help your overactive or anxious pooch relax.
- The drops are easy to administer. You can simply mix it into your dog’s meals or water.
“After only one dose our anxious wee guy has relaxed enough to have a snooze on the sofa when he would usually be barking at the TV! I’m impressed so far—the other dachshund might take a few more days, but I’m quietly confident.”Amazon Review
- It may have a noticeable flavour for some dogs and cats, who may reject it in their food.
- Some dogs with sensitive stomachs may not take to the drops easily.
On the whole, this is a high-quality product that packs a punch within just a few drops. You can make the drops last for months if you have a smaller dog! The oil is extracted from organic hemp seeds and there is no fear of your dog falling sick from any toxins or agricultural pesticides. Sure, there are some drawbacks but overall, this is a product worth considering.
- High potency, pure hemp oil drops for calming effects.
- Oil extracted from organic seeds.
- Easy to feed, can be mixed in your dog’s food.
- Useful for boosting mobility and immunity.
What should the dosage be?
The dosage for each brand will be different depending on the size of your pet and the potency of the oil. Some brands that have a high concentration hemp oil require only a single drop for a dog under 10 lb in weight. Read the product sleeve carefully to figure the right dosage for your dog.
Will hemp oil make my dog high?
Clean and correctly extracted hemp oil should not have any hallucinogenic compounds. No hemp oil that you are administering to your pet should have THC, though some do contain trace amounts of CBD.
The CBD content in the oil, too, will calm your pet down but will not make them “high”. Therefore, any premium-quality hemp oil will not make your dog feel “high”.
What is hemp oil useful for?
Hemp oil can be useful for a variety of things and is an important nutritional supplement. It has anxiety relief benefits, it may result in pain relief and can also boost your pet’s immunity. Hemp oil is naturally rich in omega-3 and omega-6, as well as a variety of vitamins.
Is hemp oil an adequate substitute for certain food groups?
No, hemp oil is only a supplement and should not be used as a primary source of nutrition. It is important for your pet to have a balanced meal at least twice a day in addition to taking the oil.
Can dogs taste the oil?
Most brands make an unflavoured and colourless oil. It could have a mild odour or colour, but nothing your dog should be able to detect usually.
Wrapping Up – The Best Hemp Oil For Dogs
Despite this being an unconventional method, hemp oil has been used for its medicinal properties for ages. In the modern day, there are certain connotations attached to hemp oil that makes people hesitant to use it and even makes it illegal in some countries.
But the oils that have been reviewed above are cold pressed and extracted from organic seeds. They contain no THC and most of the oils are not mixed with any carrier oils.
It is crucial that you opt for pure hemp oil as you do not want any preservatives, agricultural pesticides or toxins that could make your beloved pet sick. The lack of THC in these oils ensures that they offer your pet the calming effects of the oil without hallucinations that may make them paranoid.
If you have tested every avenue for your pet that may be anxious, overstimulated or in pain, but have not found the right results, hemp oil may be the treatment that works for you.
Be sure to measure the correct dosage according to your dog’s weight. If you are feeling nervous about starting a new supplement, you can start with a small dosage and then gradually build it up.
This will allow your dog’s body to get accustomed to the new supplement and will not upset their stomach. Consult your veterinarian and find the hemp oil that best works for your canine companion!
Get our top choice for the best hemp oil for dogs below: