Why You Should Never Give A Dog A Bone

little dog and massive bone

According to the The People’s Dispensary For Sick Animals, bones can splinter and be detrimental to a dog’s health and cause death. “We don’t recommend bones as treats because unfortunately our vets and nurses regularly see dogs with digestive tract damage and blockages caused by splinters or larger pieces of bone being swallowed and becoming stuck,” PDSA vet Rebecca Ashman explained.

Key Takeaways:

  • Veterinarians warn that it can be dangerous to give bones to dogs.
  • Bones can splinter and harm your dog and possibly kill them.
  • Even rawhide can harm dogs so it is recommended that you avoid them altogether.

“We don’t recommend bones as treats because unfortunately our vets and nurses regularly see dogs with digestive tract damage and blockages caused by splinters or larger pieces of bone being swallowed and becoming stuck.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/stop-giving-dogs-bones-vets-warn_uk_57e1086ee4b0d584f7f2784e

Leave a comment: